Welcome! We would like to introduce you to the team of amazing individuals who make up Northwood Intouch.
We are a group of caring individuals who want to help you. We are here to listen, provide support and offer solutions to your situation. This may be through our organization or through services offered through our community partners.
“One touch puts you intouch with the help you need when you need it.” ~ The Northwood Team
Karen Morash – Customer Care
Karen is often the first voice you’ll hear when you contact Northwood Intouch. She’s the one to go to when you want to apply and or learn more about what we have to offer. Karen brings a personal touch and is warm and friendly. She is a great listener and will always take the time to make sure our clients feel great about the decisions they are making.
- Her favourite hobby is spending time at her cottage in PEI.
- She loves everything that Nova Scotia has to offer.
- Her favourite quotes is “It’s never too late.”
- She loves working at Northwood Intouch because she is able to help people.
- Karen has been working at Northwood Intouch for 8 years.
Gregg – Technical Department Head and Volunteer Relations Coordinator
A native of Newfoundland, he brings a lot of fun to our team. Along with being the only male who works full time in an office full of women (a feat in itself), he is someone who will always go the extra mile for our customers. He will often step in to help with marketing, helps staff trade shows and he will always lend a hand when it’s needed.
- Gregg’s favourite pass time is golfing in the summer and Fall.
- He loves that Nova Scotia allows him to be so close to the ocean. He also enjoys he culture and history of the province.
- His favourite quote is “Do or do not do. There is no try”.
- He loves working at Northwood because “My team members and getting the opportunity to assist Nova Scotia seniors each day.”
- He has been working at Northwood Intouch for 21 years in this coming October.
Colleen Borden – Inventory and Technical Support Representative
In her role, Colleen has an in-depth understanding of the Northwood Intouch equipment and is often the person trouble-shooting any problems the equipment may have. She follows up on daily reports to ensure the service is working properly for all clients and is able to assist them in fixing most issues right over the phone.
- Colleen’s favourite pass times are walking, puzzles, bingo and volunteering in the community.
- Her favourite part about Nova Scotia that there is much to explore in our own backyard.
- Her favourite quotes is “Never give up!”
- She loves working at Northwood Intouch because it gives her the gratification to keep others living independently in the community.
- She has been with Northwood company since 1994 with Intouch since 2005… 15 years.
Joann Campbell – Customer Service Representative
She looks after processing incoming paperwork, confirming client information, takes calls for any changes of information a client might have as well as all cancellations.
Tasha Ross – Northwood’s Quality Associate
She oversees the training, implementation and integration of Northwood’s training, compliance, and recruiting software system, the Northwood Hub. As well as being involved in corporate and program level planning, consultation, coordination, integration and problem resolution.
- Tasha enjoys hiking, camping, reading, travelling, fishing and watching movies.
- She loves Nova Scotia because of the scenery, the people, the parks and hiking trails, the local cuisine, the wine, being close to the ocean.
- Her favourite quotes is “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” – Dr. Seuss.
- Tasha enjoys working at Northwood Intouch because she enjoy hearing from the client and family how the technology offered through the Intouch program has provided them with peace of mind and a sense of security. She likes that we are always looking for new and innovative ways of meeting the needs of seniors in our communities.
- She has been working with Northwood Intouch for 12 years.
Tina Solberg – Financial Services
Tina looks after everything to do with billing and payments. If you need a receipt or have a question about your account, she is the person to connect with!
- Favorite Hobby is gardening
- Favorite thing about Nova Scotia is that I live here
- Favorite quote “don’t worry be happy”
- Love working at Northwood because of the co-workers
- I have been with Northwood 24 years
Tisha White – Program Manager
Tisha’s main role is to oversee the day to day operations of our InTouch service, as well as promote the benefits of the service to health care professionals and the general public right across Nova Scotia. Touching thousand of people’s lives every single day.
- Tisha’s favourite thing to do is to spend quality time with her daughter
- She loves that Nova Scotia offers easy access to nature, fresh air and the beautiful landscape
- Her favourite quote is “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right” – unknown
- She enjoys working at Northwood Intouch because of the difference she can make in people’s lives by providing peace of mind and security to clients and those who care about them.
- She has been working for Northwood Intouch for 18 years.