Pauline Potter Fitness Centre
The Pauline Potter Fitness Centre is the first gym in North America to feature a dementia-friendly design! Located at our Halifax Campus, this newly renovated space shows Northwood’s commitment to innovation. It is also wheelchair accessible, accessible to people with vision problems, and offers safe air resistance weights.
According to recent studies, physical activity slows down the deterioration process associated with dementia. Now, members of the Northwood community who are living with dementia have a safe place they can go to exercise and stay healthy.
Elements that make a space dementia friendly include:
- Staff who are trained and certified in dementia care courses and dementia-friendly fitness classes.
- Contrasting colours that make it easier to distinguish elements of a room.
- Natural and artificial lighting and easy navigation.
- Open concept layout that allows members to easily go from one machine to the next.
- Pictures and descriptions of how to use each piece of equipment.
We’re a full-service gym with certified staff and a variety of equipment and services available to the community, both inside and outside of Northwood.
- Open to residents, clients, staff, volunteers and members from the community
- Can be purchased for $25.00 including tax per month
Contact us for more information or to schedule a personal training session: 902-493-5641 or email@example.com
Find us on the main floor of the Manor building, 2630 Gottingen St., Halifax.