Unattended cooking equipment is the leading contributing factor to kitchen fires, with the elderly and senior citizens with disabilities being especially vulnerable.
How it Works
The Northwood Intouch Stove Sensor constantly monitors motion in the area around a kitchen stove. Therefore if the oven or burners are left unattended, it shuts off automatically stopping fires before they can begin.
The stove sensor does not require an electrician to install. It has a very basic installation process that you can do yourself. Moreover, it can be programmed to meet the needs of each user. The sensor plugs into the outlet in the wall and the stove plugs into the sensor. This allows the sensor to have full control over that outlet. In the event that the oven is left on or a burner is left unattended, the sensor will cut all power to that outlet, automatically turning the oven/burners off. Once the alarm on the sensor has been cleared by the user and/or caregiver it will restore power to the outlet and stove.
Automatic Stove Shut Off - What are the Benefits?
- Increase Kitchen Safety
- Best For Dementia/ Alzheimer’s/ Acquired Brain Injury
- Keeps Your Food From Burning
- Plug-In Appliance, easy to install
Our stove sensor has a number of benefits. The most essential benefit of these Automatic Shut-off Devices is that they increase kitchen safety for seniors.
Since this Auto Shut-off device uses a motion sensor it is great for people who are easily distracted, or who have memory challenges.
The detector also keeps your food from spoiling if the burner is left on for too long. It is one of the most popular Plug-in Appliances currently available to minimize the risk of kitchen fires and burn hazards.
More security for their loved one, allowing them to live more confidently in their own home, knowing that help is always available.
The Dangers Of Leaving The Stove On?
To reduce the chances of a kitchen fire it is important to control the access to the stove. Thanks to strides in technology, companies have introduced gadgets with smart features that can automatically shut off stoves and burners.
The Stove Sensor is one such device that comes with an automatic feature to shut down the stove after it has been left unattended for a certain time. This way the device not only minimizes the risk of fire but also eliminates it in most cases.
According to a statistic, almost a third of deaths that occur due to residential fires happen as a result of a fire starting in the kitchen. Cooking fires are also the leading cause of home fire injuries. It is also important to note that we will never know the true extent of the damages and injuries caused by kitchen fires, as many minor incidents are not reported to local authorities or fire departments.
Therefore, if you are an aged individual or have an elderly relative that lives alone and has a neurological or cognitive condition you should definitely consider buying an automotive stove shut-off device.
This simple device is a life-saver and a clever solution to make cooking a safer activity for you and your family.
Stove Sensor FAQS
This sensor comes with two components. One plugs into the wall behind the stove and the other fits beneath an adjacent cabinet or on the counter that monitors the activity in the kitchen. The device fits electric stoves with three or four-prong 240v plugs.
There may be any number of reasons that could lead to someone being unable to remember to turn the stove off. If you or someone you love is having issues, we recommend you install any one of the safety gadgets that are currently available on the market. These gadgets include stove alarms, timers, and reminders, that can help you keep track of things when doing household chores.
The Stove Sensor is the best option. With this device, you don’t have to worry about remembering to turn off the stove as the device will do that for you.
If we compare electric stoves with gas stoves they are a lot safer. In a gas stove, there is not only the risk of fires but there is also a risk of gas leaks if there is an issue with the gas line or knobs. There is also a possibility that gas might escape without igniting and cause carbon monoxide poisoning.