Quick Facts About Falls
- Falls are the leading cause of injury to seniors in Canada.
- In Nova Scotia, 64% of falls requiring hospital admission occur in the home – this is significantly higher than the national average.
- Each year, one out of every three Canadian seniors will suffer a fall.
- Poorly corrected vision and age-related diseases of the eye are major contributors to the number of falls experience by seniors.
- Injuries caused by falls can result in pain, suffering and loss of independence.
- Falls are preventable.
Download the NS Community Links Falls Prevention home checklist to help identify any hazards that could potentially cause a fall: Home Assessment Checklist.
If an automatic fall detector or any Northwood Intouch products or services interest you please give us a call at 1-800-461-3346 or 902-492-3346 or email us at email@example.com