The Basic Alarm is our standard personal alarm.
Worn on the wrist or around the neck, the system is activated when the button is pressed.
While traditionally thought of for medical emergencies, our buttons can be pressed for any type of emergency, be it fire, home invasion, etc.
How it Works
The unit connects to a regular telephone jack and enables the signal from the help button to our Emergency Response Centre. A two-way speaker allows for hands-free communication between the subscriber and operator, and also acts as a speakerphone for regular phone calls. No landline, no problem! We have cellular options available.
Who can benefit?
- Those often home alone or living alone
- Those managing a disability or chronic condition
- Those at risk for falls, breathing difficulties, heart conditions, or mobility issues
- Those discharged from the hospital needing added support from home
- Those having difficulty using a regular phone
- Those managing a complicated medical regimen
- Families who are concerned about the safety of a loved one
2-way voice feature allows the client to talk to the operator through a highly sensitive speaker in the base unit
Waterproof button – can be worn on the wrist or around neck
Indicator light on button to show when button has been pressed
Button has lightweight design and long battery life – no need to charge
Button can be used to answer incoming calls hands free
Base unit has back up battery good for 24 hours
Optional programmable reminders – up to six, 30-second messages can be recorded to remind user to take pills, attend an appointment or anything else they may need a reminder for
Optional inactivity alarms – the client can set timers that they need to re-set every 12 or 24 hours. If missed, Response Centre will be alerted.
- $43 per month total cost – we do not charge tax
- Includes all equipment & servicing
- No term-contract or upfront fees
- Financial assistance available: check eligibility
With all that Intouch has provided for families and caregivers, gives them a piece of mind and a reassurance of safety in their environment