Personal Alert Assistance Program
Nova Scotia Government’s Personal Alert Assistance Program
Did you know you or a loved one could be covered under the Nova Scotia Government’s Personal Alert Assistance Program? If the criteria are met, the senior could be reimbursed up to $480 per year for the purchase of a personal emergency response system, like the service Northwood Intouch offers. That means peace of mind could come at a much lower price tag than you may think.
The applicant must:
- Be 65 years or older;
- Be a Nova Scotia Resident with valid health card number;
- Live alone;
- Have a net annual income of $22,0003 or less;
- Have a history of recent falls;
- Use a cane wheelchair or walker
- Have a requirement for home care service that will extend beyond 90 days
- Be willing to sign an agreement with defines terms and conditions for receiving the program.
To find out if you qualify for the Personal Alert Assistance Program, call 1-800-225-7225.
For more information about the services offered by Northwood Intouch, call us today at 1-800-461-3346.